Spartan Health Sciences University is one of the oldest medical school of St. Lucia. Its history begin in the year 1980. It has been accredited with more than 35 years of experience in medical education. The degrees provided by the University is approved in USA as well as UK. It has been chartered and licensed in Saint Lucia. It is one of the best medical school for studying MBBS in America.
Spartan Health Science University has been listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools which is published by World Health Organization (WHO). It is also recognized by The Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER). It has been accredited by the International Medical Education Directory (IMED) and Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Spartan Health Sciences University provides quality of education to the students at affordable tuition fees. University also offers scholarships for its meritorious students. The learning environment of the University is very secure and relaxing. The teaching staff of the University is well qualified and have ample of experience in teaching. It is considered as one the best medical college for studying MBBS in America.
Spartan Health Sciences University has advanced cataloged library with the access to books journal and audio visual aids. It is open from 6 a.m. to 11.45 p.m. Every kind of study material is available in the library of the University. MEDLINE access is available to every student of the University inside as well as outside of the campus.
The Laboratory of the Spartan Health Sciences University equipped with microscopes, microscopic slides and skeletons which are used by the students. However, the equipments remains in the laboratory. There are variety of sports, gym and recreation amenities which are provided by the University for the students for their leisure time.
M.D. PROGRAM FROM SPARTAN HEALTH SCIENCES UNIVERSITY
Spartan Health Sciences University offers 4 year (40 calendar months) Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) program and has been taught in trimester schedule i.e. 4 months semester. The curriculum of Doctor of Medicine program deals with the comprehensive course of Basic Sciences, Pre- Clinical, bridging curriculum and Clinical Sciences. There are 3 semesters in a year in which students can take admission i.e. January, May and September.
Spartan Health Sciences University provides best medical education curriculum to the students which is reviewed continuously by the Deans of Basic and Clinical Sciences with the Faculty, Consultants and Board of trustees.
- BASIC SCIENCE PROGRAM : Basic Medical Science Program of Spartan Health Science University is of 5 trimesters. It consists of Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Behavioral Sciences, Pharmacology and Pathology. After the successful completion of this program, students can move to the Clinical Science program.
- CLINICAL SCIENCE PROGRAM : Clinical Science Program of Spartan Health Science University is of 4 trimesters. In this program, students get an opportunity of exposure to Internal Medicine, Surgery, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology and Psychiatry. Students are not eligible for the graduation if they do not fulfilled all the academic requirements and financial obligations of the University.
The Bridging Curriculum of the Spartan Health Sciences University includes various problem solving exercises and clinical case studies. This curriculum is developed for the unification of Basic Sciences into Clinical Sciences. It also consists of:
- Acquisition and presentation of medical knowledge
- Data interpretation
- Problem analysis
- Guided and self-directed learning activities
- Application of new knowledge